RCMC means the Registration Cum Membership Certificate issued by the Export Promotion Council or the Commodity Board. Any exporter intending to deal with the restricted goods are mandated to obtain the RCMC registration from the Export Promotion Council or the Commodity Board established in line with the products. The Certificate authenticates that an exporter dealing with a certain product is registered with a certain agency or authority authorised by the Government of India.
Who should obtain APEDA registration?
Every person who is an exporter of Scheduled Products shall obtain APEDA registration. A person can be registered either as a merchant exporter or as a manufacturing exporter.
List of Scheduled Products
The following products are listed as Scheduled Products or restricted products under APEDA Act:
- Floriculture and seeds
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Processed foods
- Animal products
- Organic products
Why APEDA registration? Benefits
APEDA registration is mandatory for all exports of Scheduled Products. Through APEDA registration, an exporter can:
- Obtain guidelines on improving the packaging and marketing of the Scheduled Products to be exported.
- Attend training sessions conducted by APEDA in various aspects of the industries connected with the Scheduled Products.
- Get enlisted under the Exporters Directory available on the APEDA website.
- Get brand publicity by advertising and promoting the products with the APEDA registration.
Documents required for RCMC registration
- Details of registered office, head office and branch office.
- Duly signed and sealed copy of application form.
- Self-certified copy of Import Export Code (IEC) issued by the Director-General of Foreign Trade.
- Bank certificate in the prescribed form to support the financial soundness of the applicant.
- Certified copy of MOA (in case of a company) or partnership deed (in case of partnership firm) or trust deed/Memorandum of Rules & regulations (in case of trust/society).
- In the case of merchant exporter, substantial proof for the arrangements made with the manufacturer. And in case of manufacturer exporter, self-certified copy of registration of the company from relevant certification agencies.
- Details of registration with other Export Promotion Council/Commodity Board, if any.
- Details of the licence issued by any sponsoring authority (DGTD, State Director of Industries etc.)
APEDA Registration Fees
- Rs. 5000 (exclusive of GST).
- Payment can be made either online (credit/debit cards) or Offline (Demand Draft in favour of APEDA payable in respective cities of APEDA Offices).
- Government fees paid will be refunded by the registering authority in case of refusal of registration.
Validity of registration
- The registration once provided by the APEDA Authorities shall be valid until it is cancelled by the authorities.
- Once registered, the exporter is obliged to intimate any change in its name, address, ownership, constitution etc.
APEDA online registration process
Once all the documents are provided to us online, our experts will work on the application and will get you the APEDA registration certificate.
When can the registration be cancelled?
The registration can be cancelled by the authority upon:
- Furnishing false information.
- Breach of rules by the registering authority.
- Breach of conditions imposed in the certificate of registration.
- Failure to export the scheduled product for 12 consecutive months
20 Working Days
Just tell us a little bit about your business and you'll have your APEDA-RCMC in 20 working days (subject to government approval). It's that simple.
9.1 Customer Score
We make your interaction with the government as smooth as possible and we will be doing all the application work for you. We will also give you absolute clarity on the process to set realistic expectations.
160 Strong Team
Our team of experienced business advisors are a phone call away, should you have any queries about the process. But we'll try to ensure that your doubts are cleared before they even arise.